Last night I thought of another use- burgers! It's a super easy recipe that does not compromise on taste. I based it off a recipe I saw on Epicurious.
Black Bean Burgers:
* 1 15- to 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
* 1/3 cup chopped red onion
* 1/2 cup dry breadcumbs- make your own or storebought
* 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or ground cumin
* Cilantro, chopped fine
1. Using fork, mash beans in medium bowl.
2. Mix in onion, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons salsa, cumin and cilantro. I threw in all the ingredients and mixed with my hands! Easier that way :-)
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. I completely skipped the salt because I find the salt is plenty in the canned beans and salsa.
3. Using moistened hands, shape bean mixture into two 3- to 4-inch-diameter patties.
4. Grease the bottom of a non stick pan with some cooking spray or a bit of canola oil.
5. Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side
Serve on a bun with your choice of condiments and oven roasted fries!! In my case it was hot sauce and ranch!!