Monday, August 6, 2012

Watermelon Lime Jalapeno salad

I know I've been MIA lately... there has been a lack of doodling but not a lack of cooking. I just wasn't inspired to try new things lately....been busy with the summer and the move into our new home etc.

Last year around this time I made a watermelon gazpacho and this year I received a recipe courtesy Vegetarian Times that basically had three ingredients: watermelon, lime, jalapeno. It looked refreshingly simple, perfect to beat the heat.  I've made it a few times already and tweaked it a touch.

Ingredients:

-  4 cups watermelon diced fairly small
-  juice of 1 lime
-  pinch of salt
-  1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
-  1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)



Toss it all together  and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.  I also added some chopped cherry tomatoes but you could skip it. I bet it would taste great with a bit of chopped mint too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...