We love eating chilli during the fall and winter. I make it quite a bit because I almost always have ingredients on hand.. The colder the weather, the spicier the chilli! They go great with a side of cheese quesedillas. We didn't go to any Superbowl parties this year.. We watched the game upstairs in the recently finished media room put together from start to finish by R himself! Needless to say we also had chips/salsa and beer.
- 1 small can of chipotle roasted tomatoes (or use regular tomatoes and add chipotle peppers)
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 2 small carrots diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp southwestern chilli powder
1. Sautee onions, garlic, chilli powder and oregano and all the vegetables for 5-10 minutes over medium heat
2. Add chipotle seasoning or chipotle peppers
3. Add the can of tomatoes, black beans and about 2 cups of water and bring to simmer.
4. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Add the cocoa powder and stir.
5. Season with salt as desired.
6. Ladle into a bowl and garnish with sour cream and cheese.