I was looking for an easy party holiday dessert to take to my husband's work Christmas Party last week when I stumbled upon this thanks to PINTEREST!!! I'm not a Pinterest-aholic by any means but I go on every once in a while when I'm bored of my recipes and want to venture into something I've never made before. Usually I'm pretty successful :)
This one is particularly GENIUS because it has only 4 ingredients!
- Storebought premade gingerbread cookie dough - found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store
- OR (as in my case), gingerbread cookie dough mix in a box- usually needs egg, water and butter to make the dough
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Once you've made the cookie dough according to package directions, make 1 tsp balls and place them in a mini cupcake lined tin.
I even used some festive ones :)
3. Use the back of the teaspoon (back dipped in flour) to press the dough to form a cup.
4. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and get it into a ziptop bag , with the end cut ready for piping.
5. Fill the cups about half or a little more than half way up the top. Sprinkle with red sugar glitter and bake for 10 minutes.