Traditional latkes are made only with potatoes.. this version that includes zucchini is a healthier alternative of getting added veggies and reducing carbs.
- 1 large potato - shredded
- 2 meduim size zucchini- shredded
- 1 bunch scallions chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic poweder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil to pan fry.
1. Wring out all the water from the shredded zucchini and potato. Add salt and pepper and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then squeeze out the excess water. You want this to be fairly dry or the patties wont hold shape while frying.
2. Add a beaten egg, scallions, and flour and combine till you can make patties.
3. Form patties with hand and pan fry them 2-3 at a time in some vegetable oil.
Flip them over after 3-4 minutes and fry on the other side till they are a nice, golden colour.
Serve hot with ketchup or hot sauce or as-is.