Coming up with this recipe was a no-brainer. I've seen versions of a Mexican Lasagna made on the Rachel Ray show a gazillion times and I think she likes pizza as much as I do. :P So I decided to make this low-cal version using low-carb tortillas as the pizza base and just a touch of cheese. Or as Rachel would say , "figure friendly".
- 1 can black beans
- 2-3 chipotle chillis in adobo sauce - 3 makes it very very spicy, so use less if you don't like spicy
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 can corn (you could use fresh if it's in season)
- your favourite shredded cheese
- Sautee black beans, chipotle chills, onion and garlic for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and then puree the whole thing in a food processor or just mash with a potato masher for a chunkier consistency. This is the base for the pizza.
- Spread a couple of Tbsp of this over the tortilla like you would red sauce on a pizza
- Top with corn, cilantro and as much or little cheese as you like. I used sharp chedder and lefover mozz.
- Bake at 385 F for 12 minutes.
- This version is spicy so it goes great with my fresh Wolly Guacamole