Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spicy Mexi Pizza!!


Coming up with this recipe was a no-brainer. I've seen versions of a Mexican Lasagna made on the Rachel Ray show a gazillion times and I think she likes pizza as much as I do. :P So I decided to make this low-cal version using low-carb tortillas as the pizza base and just a touch of cheese. Or as Rachel would say , "figure friendly".



Ingredients: 

  • 1 can black beans
  • 2-3 chipotle chillis in adobo sauce - 3 makes it very very spicy, so use less if you don't like spicy
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • cilantro
  • 1 can corn (you could use fresh if it's in season)
  • Tortillas
  • your favourite shredded cheese

Directions: 
    1. Sautee black beans, chipotle chills, onion and garlic for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
    2. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then puree the whole thing in a food processor or just mash with a potato masher for a chunkier consistency. This is the base for the pizza.
    3. Spread a couple of Tbsp of this over the tortilla like you would red sauce on a pizza
    4. Top with corn, cilantro and as much or little cheese as you like. I used sharp chedder and lefover mozz. 
    5. Bake at 385 F for 12 minutes. 
    6. This version is spicy so it goes great with my fresh Wolly Guacamole

    1 comment:

    1. yumm looks good, I just bought some tortillas so I'll have to try this out

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...