Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving- time to reflect or time to shop?

Maybe a little bit of both? 

This time of year really reminds me of Boxing Day deals back in Canada- the day after Christmas. It's similar here except a hundred times more intense. People get hurt trying to barge into stores hoping to grab that $3.99 MP3  player or $19 designer jeans. I'm not a huge fan of Black Friday since it's not all that new to me but it's fun to see what kind of deals are out there. I suppose  I would be more into it if I really had to shop for something particular. 

Anyhow, this Thanksgiving, we are headed to Houston for a big party at R's cousin's. It will be a blast. We never had Thanksgiving growing up so this will be more of a party celebrating family and friends and the holidays.  Sans the bird.

In the spirit of giving thanks, I'm very thankful to everything I have at this point in my life. Last year was a bit of a rough road so here's to a great year ahead! Take a couple moments to reflect and celebrate what you got.

Stay tuned to a new section being added to my Doodles very very shortly!!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I'll totally admit I love Black Friday but Black Friday now starting on Thanksgiving day is over the top for me. We should at least have one day to relax with friends & family and not feel the need to shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving Day.... even if many retailers are starting earlier and earlier. Past few years I've shopped very early on BF, but this year I'm almost done with my shopping so I may bow out. Anyway, have a great holiday,and hello to R from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess, wish you a happy and restful holiday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what the new development is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, check out the new tab near the top of the main page ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...