Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowed and Iced In

Ok so today was a Snow Day. Big time. Not so much snow as sleet, freezing rain, ice and some of the white stuff for good measure.

Nobody was going anywhere. School were cancelled. Court proceedings were cancelled. DFW was shut down for a period of time, for crying out loud. For the first time since 9/11, apparently. Wow. I had little interest in stepping out to the balcony at 7:45am to check out the scene. I took R's word for it.

Of course I couldn't go back to sleep so turned on the TV and watched the weather coverage for a bit. Reminded me of how glued to the TV I was back during the Great Nashville Flood of 2010.

We were relatively stocked up on essentials so just decided to sit back and take it easy. Mom is visiting so we played scrabble (I won I won!) and made a pasta bake for lunch (mushrooms, peppers, onions, zuchini, and olives for a salty bite)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...