Monday, January 6, 2014
Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese
This is one of those sinful dishes that you can consume but don't need to beg for forgiveness after. :)
Cubed butternut squash
1/2 medium onion
Frozen green peas
Dried basil, oregano
- Sautee up a bag of frozen butternut squash, onion, seasoning like garlic, dried basil, s&p.
- Add some broth or water and let it all simmer for 15 minutes on medium.
- Blend until it's a nice smooth puree (almost like a soup, but not too thin). Add a bit of half n half or cream if you want extra richness. Add a few tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Cook elbow pasta or any short pasta as per package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Add a couple tablespoons of butter and stir in some frozen green peas. I always add extra black pepper at the end.
- Pour in a casserole dish and top with some mozzerella cheese and bake at 370 for 15 minutes until cheese is melty and gooey.
You could also throw in some pumpkin puree for extra veggies and a different flavour.
at 11:37 AM