Friday, May 6, 2011

A year later - in many ways....

I haven't had too many interesting food related posts in the last little while  which would explain the lack of posting. But I'm here. I've been in a very pensive mood since the last week of April which saw the loss of a spiritual leader.  A day or so later, brought some tense moments with all the insane amount of rain and tornadic activity both here and in my previous zipcode. I spent one entire morning refreshing the weather page tracking just about everything. And re assuring myself the house will be ok this time.

It was just one year ago when our lives changed and we witnessed our home get flooded out right before our eyes. We jumped out of our window onto a rescue boat.  And this year tornadoes ripped out parts of the South... devastation everywhere.

And then, a couple days later, it was my birthday. I wasn't feeling particularly celebratory heading into the weekend but it turned out to be a lot of fun.. meeting up with friends and family, and eating cupcakes. It was funny how the only times during that weekend I stepped into my kitchen was to make coffee and cut some cake for breakfast. LOL. This year also saw the record number of FB posts on my birthday!



So yeah not a whole lot of interesting cooking going on lately... but stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...