Thursday, October 15, 2015

Black Bean Soup


The inspiration for this dish came from an open can of black beans sitting in my fridge. And two sides of Chipotle black beans I'd gotten the previous week that was still good but was not being consumed.  My 3 yo has gone from willingly eating black beans to just glancing on them and carefully removing them from the plate.  So what do you do when you have random leftover stuff? YOU MAKE SOUP!!

This seriously cannot be any easier. 4 steps.

1.  In a large pot, sautee onions, celery, Black beans, and a tomato.

2.  Add seasoning- some chilli powder, oregano, salt and pepper.  Add some spicy stuff if you like. I didn't because I wanted it to be kid friendly. 

3.  Add a couple cups of water and let the whole thing simmer for 15 minutes. 

4. Turn off heat. Allow to cool. Blend to desired consistency.

DONE!

<<<Where's the Easy Button??>>>

I also had a ripe avacado sitting in my fruit bowl so I did the next logical and made gauc. Can't have guac without chips. There you go! Lunch is ready!

Update- The kid ate it. He didn't lap it up and ask for seconds, but it went in. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...